You May Be Wondering....
What is your policy on same-sex weddings?
We affirm our commitment to acceptance, diversity and inclusion. We welcome all loving couples regardless of sexual orientation, color or creed.
Can we visit Lacawac throughout our wedding planning process?
Sure! Please just be sure to give us a call or send us an email to schedule an appointment so we can be expecting you! During the wedding season, weekdays and Sunday afternoons are the best time to visit due to our busy weekend event schedule.
What is the back up plan if it rains on the day of my outdoor wedding?
The plan in case your ceremony is rained out is to use the carriage house for the ceremony.
Do the reception spaces have restrooms?
Yes, there are several public restrooms: three in the lodge, and two freestanding "outhouse" or composting toilets. We do recommend that you get additional rented restrooms.
How do I book my date?
Lacawac operates on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have chosen us as your venue, please call us to let us know that you wish to book your specific date. If it is available, we will pencil you into our calendar. Once we receive your contract or reservation form and deposit, we will write you in the book in ink. If your deposit is not received within 10 days, the date will be released to another wedding party.
Can you recommend any vendors for our wedding needs?
At Lacawac, you are free to hire the vendors of your choosing for all of your wedding essentials. However, we have compiled a list of local vendors we have previously worked with if you need a starting point! See the 'Vendors' tab at the top of our webpage. We strongly recommend that you explore all of your options to find the perfect vendors for your big day.
How can we make our wedding more eco-friendly?
We are dedicated to sustainability and strongly encourage all of our wedding parties to make environmentally-friendly choices for their big day. Some ways to do this are:
- Choose a caterer that can provide their own china and linens
- If your caterer does not provide their own, rent china and silverware instead of using disposable place settings (renting vintage china and décor adds a unique touch!)
- Provide guests with reusable glasses or mason jars to use for the night (these can also make great favors)
- Rent a keg and buy boxed wine instead of bottles or cans
- Choose a caterer adopting a farm-to-table philosophy who will provide local and in-season fruit/vegetable dishes
- Hire a florist who offers locally-sourced and in-season flowers