Colleges and Universities
Everything you need for a great college experience
Lacawac Sanctuary and Field Station offers many opportunities for college and university classes:
Faculty members from institutions up to 3-4 hours from Lacawac bring classes for hands-on field studies over weekends and breaks. Summer classes allow for longer in-depth studies and learning opportunities.
Field trips to Lacawac provide:
- Terrestial and Aquatic field exploration opportunities including the nearly pristine 52 acre Lake Lacawac (with long term lake and weather data since 1988); four deer exclosures, managed and unmanaged forest, spatial data and GIS maps.
- Use of the Dr. Susan S. Kilham Environmental Laboratory.
- Use of field equipment including boats, canoes, water/plankton samplers, YSI temperature/ dissolved oxygen meters, and more.
- Lodging for 28-32 individuals in the 1903 Historic Watres Lodge.
- Presentations from Lacawac Staff.
- Access to other natural resources and field sites within 30 to 45 minutes from Lacawac.
Trip specifics are arranged to accommodate individual group needs. To plan a field trip, or to receive more information, contact Lacawac's Director of Research Dr. Beth Norman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570-689-9494.